- Higher sensitivity can save lives. FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL’s projected sensitivity (ability to detect cancer) is 95% vs. CBE’s 44%. More than half of the time Clinical Breast Exam's (CBE) miss cancer, allowing it to grow or spread throughout the body, which can lead to death. People do not die from breast cancer, they die from breast cancer spreading to vital organs.
- Earlier detection provides less opportunity for cancer to spread resulting in fewer invasive surgeries and deaths. FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL projected sensitivity is much higher (95% at one centimeter) vs. CBE (44% at ~ two centimeters). Earlier detection may result in lumpectomy vs. mastectomy, saving part of the breast, reducing emotional trauma and reducing cost. Detection of smaller lesions with less mass reduces the likelihood the cancer will spread.
FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL detects tumors with 8 times less mass than CBE.
- Automatic year-to-year test comparison allows for very early detection. In some cases, the lesion can be detected at ~ ½ centimeter because the system will detect heat from blood vessels that feed the tumor or small changes from year to year.
- Strong doctor value proposition. A typical doctor performs 43 annual physicals each month with average reimbursement of $150. CBE takes up to 20 percent of the time required to do the annual physical. Using a FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL tester allows the doctor to perform 10 to 20 percent more physicals, charging an extra $20 to $50 for the FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL test, resulting in net income of more than $1,000 per month above the FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL lease and test cost. Therefore FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL is not dependent upon insurance reimbursement for success.
- More comfortable and less embarrassing. Some women find manual palpation to be uncomfortable and/or embarrassing. Some cultures or religious groups forbid women from exposing their breasts to a male doctor.
- Broader age range. The FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL testers can be used to screen women for breast cancer at any age with 95% sensitivity. For women under age 40, CBE sensitivity is lower than 44% due to higher breast density.
- Backup over the Internet. FIRSTSENSE MEDICAL’s system allows input of biopsy data, compares data nationally, updates the algorithms and provides for updates to the tester for continual improvement.